MAAS Documentation (snap/2.7/CLI)
MAAS is Metal As A Service, a service that lets you treat physical servers like virtual machines – instances – in the cloud. No need for you to manage servers individually: MAAS turns your bare metal into an elastic, cloud-like resource.
Five questions you might have:
- What is MAAS – and what does it really do for me?
- Can you show me an example data centre using MAAS?
- How does MAAS work – in detail?
- What concepts might I need to understand before starting?
- Can I just install it and try it for myself?
New version of MAAS
There are four ways you can get support for MAAS:
- Professional support
- Ask a question (external link)
- IRC (external link)
- MAAS 2.5 (and earlier) documentation (external link)
There are (at least) three ways you can contribute to MAAS: