MAAS is Metal As A Service, a service that lets you treat physical servers like virtual machines – instances – in the cloud. No need to manage servers individually: MAAS turns your bare metal into an elastic, cloud-like resource.
Quick questions you might have:
- What is MAAS – and what does it really do for me?
- Can you show me an example datacentre using MAAS?
- How does MAAS work, in detail?
- What concepts might I need to understand before starting?
- Can I just install it and try it for myself?
Part of the machine list from Metaphorical General Hospital, our example datacentre.