Follow the instructions below to download, configure and install MAAS.
Setup your hardware
- One small server for MAAS
- At least one server which can be managed with a BMC
It is recommended to have the MAAS server provide DHCP and DNS on a network that the managed machines are connected to.
Install Ubuntu Server
Download Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS by choosing the Manual install option and follow the step-by-step installation instructions on your MAAS server.
Create admin user
Create your admin credentials.
Log in to the MAAS UI at http://<your.maas.ip>:5240/MAAS/
Complete the first user configuration journey
Follow the instructions on screen to complete the first installation of MAAS. We recommend using the default values unless your installation has different requirements.
By the end of the journey you should have the following configured;
- Region name (MAAS name)
- Ubuntu archive, Ubuntu extra architectures
- Ubuntu images
- SSH keys (for currently logged in user)
6 Turn on DHCP
7 Enlist and commission servers
Now MAAS is ready to enlist and commission machines.
- Set all the servers to PXE boot
- Boot each machine once. You should see these machines appear in MAAS
- If your machines do not have a IPMI based BMC, proceed to edit them and enter their BMC details
- Select all the machines and “Commission” them using the “Take action” button
- When machines have a “Ready” status you can start deploying