MAAS documentation (snap/3.0/CLI)
MAAS is Metal As A Service, a service that lets you treat physical servers like virtual machines – instances – in the cloud. No need for you to manage servers individually: MAAS turns your bare metal into an elastic, cloud-like resource.
Five questions you might have:
- What is MAAS – and what does it really do for me?
- Can you show me an example data centre using MAAS?
- How does MAAS work – in detail?
- What concepts might I need to understand before starting?
- Can I just install it and try it for myself?
*Part of the machine list from Metaphorical General Hospital, our example data centre.
New version of MAAS
There are three ways you can get support for MAAS:
There are several ways you can contribute to MAAS: